MP Health in Santa Barbara offers a Residency Program to university students and recent graduates who are seeking international, professional experience in the areas of Early Childhood therapies and treatment. Offering a full scope of practice for Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT), Speech and Language Therapy (SLP), Vision Specialists and Child Development Specialists, MP Health is proud to provide numerous learning opportunities. Through observation, learning, internships and language courses, all participants will be able to benefit from our one-of-a-kind, international, therapeutic Residency Program that will include:
- Mentoring from an assigned, licensed professional in your field
- Direct observation and hands-on professional experience of therapy and treatment with MP Health clients
- On-site trainings & instruction on a variety of therapeutic/professional topics in a small group
- Language/English classes that are specific to your field of work
- Observation and experience with our clients in a variety of environments such as grade schools, preschools, homes and our own MP Health clinic
- Participation in monthly child study groups and professional meetings
- Participation in community classes for disabled children
- Participation of our annual summer camp, Camp Mariposas (seasonal)
- On-going contact and communication with your university and colleagues
- A first-hand look at our Early Childhood therapy system in the U.S.
Santa Barbara, CA
Located on the beautiful California coastline, Santa Barbara (70 miles north of Los Angeles) is a red-tiled roofed town that is often described as the 'American Riviera.' With pristine beaches, palm tree lined streets, sophisticated shopping, exquisite cuisine and art, Santa Barbara offers both a cultural and natural beauty like no other place on earth. Every corner of this town offers the best of the best where every day feels like a vacation.
Every MP Health Resident will be immersed in a cultural experience of a lifetime by living with local host families that are friendly and excited to welcome you into their homes; many of which, are hosts that are either associated with or employed by MP Health. Home cooked meals and time with your host family will play a daily role in your residency experience as well. And in a town where there are over 300 days of sunshine a year, you will have the opportunity to explore the magic of Santa Barbara, its coastline and the numerous cultural and outdoor activities that it offers each and every weekend.
From the time you are greeted at the airport to the time you first meet your host family, our Residency Program will promise you a professional experience of a lifetime. Once rested, your typical day will begin with breakfast at home before walking to or riding the bus (transportation included), a morning meeting with your mentor, a morning of hands-on therapy with your mentor, lunch (on your own or provided by your host family), an afternoon of hands-on therapy with your mentor, group observations, participation in our community classes and English language classes (3 times per week).
Tuition & Application Process
For specific questions regarding our 8-week Residency Program and tuition, please contact MP Health for more specific details:
Director/Buenos Aires: Alejandra Salinas
Tel/Fax (5411) 5235-9804/05
Director/MP Health Santa Barbara: Silvia Wasjutin, (805)253-2547
The following requirements must be agreed upon between MP Health and each Resident as outlined:
- To stay for the full duration of the program, 8 weeks (participants will have the option of extending their stay if desired)
- To purchase travel insurance in Argentina.
- To purchase health insurance in Argentina.
- To obtain the USA visa
- To complete the required psychological assessment and interview done in Buenos Aires with Alejandra Salinas and Associates in order to determine acceptance into the program.
- To complete all necessary forms and paperwork at Alejandra Salinas and Associates
- Tuition to be paid in full prior to your arrival in the U.S.